View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #258
Soterios
BXR
Rep

Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
4 digits hp is at least a little difficult in a JZ. They are great engines, but they would ruin the handling balance of the car since they weigh 600lbs. Their power delivery does not mesh with modern cars, they make power higher in the rev range, that's not what the consumer demand shows is desired. 4 digit power is also completely unusable on the street, canyons and anywhere but runway tracks. The b58 is making mid 500whp with a turbo swap and ethanol, so they lose the 5% of new supra consumers that would look to build a 1000whp car. I think the vast majority of enthusiasts are more than happy with 500whp. But i'm sure some people will look forward to ruining the geometry of the car in the search for 1000whp numbers.
Yeah. Like I said, it's not going to happen much at all, and probably isn't a good idea. I just think the JZ is an objectively better motor from a performance standpoint even all these years later. Anyone interested in doing this would be doing it for power an not much other reason, so adding 200lbs to the front (no idea what a B58 weights, but I assume it's an alloy block) isn't a big deal either.