View Single Post
      06-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #16
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Drives: Black M5

Yes! This confirms the rumors that we've been hearing for a little while now. The next 6-Series should indeed be smaller, yes I said smaller, like in physical dimensions than the current F12/F13, lighter and more sporty to directly compete with the 911. BMW's first true 911-fighter just like the Mercedes AMG-GT/S. The next M6 will compete directly with the Mercedes AMG-GTS and Porsche 911 GT3 maybe. Making the next M6 more of focused sports/supercar which it has never been. It was always a 2 door version of the M5, large, luxurious, comfortable with decent utility. The 8-Series is needed in BMW's line up, this is one that I agree with. I think it's a smart and wonderful move by BMW to make the 8-Series the large GT car, to compete with the S-Class Coupe and maybe even Bentley, while downsizing the 6-Series and M6 to be more of a sports car. The Z-Series, in my opinion, has been BMW's only true Sports Car. If the Z5 and Z6 are done right they will be great too. Would be interesting if there will be an Z5M and a Z6M too. I am only excited because the next M6 is the only car in BMW's future line up that I am excited about. Also an M8 and a baddass looking future Z8 would be very good for BMW's future portfolio too.