View Single Post
      09-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #274
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I don't think it's the overall lack of tech (besides the HUD), I think it's that everything just feels so old and dated, not in a good way. Like, the NA V8 is a VERY good old and dated thing, but the rest of the car is old and dated in all the wrong ways.

Things missing:
HUD
Ambient Lighting
Leather

I'm sure there's others, but the general feel is that everything is very poorly integrated and old. The infotainment is awful, Lexus' driving and parking assists are very basic whereas BMW's are quite advanced. And the overall controls are poorly placed (i.e. the temperature adjustment in the Lexus is this weird sliding bar). The cupholders are placed in a weird location. And the quality of materials haven't really been updated since 2013.

Imagine if BMW kept the same interior and materials quality since the first year of the F30, while its competitors had all come out with brand new designs.
The only thing I personally disagree with you on is leather. Yes it would be nice to have a nappa option, but it's not available in the G20 (in the US) either. I'd happily take NuLuxe over vernasca.