08-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #110
PNF
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 15' YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I used to be anal about having UV filters on all my lenses for protection, but I've gotten used to not having them. Lens hoods do a good enough job protecting my lenses.
actually, the filter is there for most of the dusts protection as many would use a hood.. i.e. sooner or later, you WILL have dusts on your glass, and no matter how "soft" your microfibre/brush is, I wouldnt want to use that on my glasses.. but on a filter glass? yes. (of course, you'd clean/blow all the dust out before you you put on your filter.

On filters, while for casual shooting, you dont need some type of $200 UV filter, but get a good $60 one is not out of line IMO, in protection + enhencement of image on a $1000+ lens.

I, too, cannot justify B+W high prices (which I am sure are of supreme quality, but just a bit much) .. So, what I have is B+W MC UV filters that run decent price at around $70-80, and Hoya CPLs for about $100.

For the double cashback thing in August, I am gonna go shop for some B+W CPLs if I really can get 16% cashback..

Shxt, I think I just found what I might be shopping between 8/10 - 8/17...

My fiancee already told me that she's looking at some food processors... <--which we have like 2 already in the house.. bah..

2008 E92 335i (sold)