01-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #128
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iAndroid View Post
This got me thinking, should they not use turbo's to differentiate between M cars and regular models below them? The question is, should the turbo's be for the M cars or regular models?

An M3 car that is naturally aspirated even if it had about same horsepower as a 335i/340i with it's turbos would be a vastly superior car and purpose built for handling, throttle response...etc. I know that every idiot looking purely at 0-60 times to make his/her purchasing decision would laugh and then proceed to buy some junk Lexus or Benz with massive turbos, making this a losing proposition on the business end.

So then the question begs, why not put Turbos in just the M cars (and the 4 bangers where they serve a different purpose)?

I have a 335i MSport which I find far too powerful considering how awful the suspension is. The car downright scares me when I push it a bit and go over any bumps or uneven surfaces, as it bounces around like an old caddy. It makes me wish that I had either a less powerful naturally aspirated engine or bought an M3 with better handling characteristics. My vehicle does not seem to meet either niche well and for customers who would never mod their cars, the product makes no sense in my opinion.

I guess what I am saying is, a 335i is as fast of a car as anyone truly 'needs' but BMW does not offer an exceptionally handling sedan anymore without it becoming crazy stupid fast.

What do you guys think?
My preference is definitely the E9X.
My number two isn't there, but I had an E30 M3 with a Borla exhaust. Loved the sound.

Then everything else.

I'll have to chime in on your 335 suspension issue.
I have a solution, get the Bilsteins and freshen the thing up, also get a LSD.
My 335 feels solid. But I'm running 19x9 up front and 19x9.5 in the rear with 245/35 and 275/30. I also have Bilstein B8's, new bushings and a LSD. I also have retrofitted M-Performance brakes.

The grip is great.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.