View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep

Drives: Depends on the day!

They already ran the BMW 200 yesterday and they placed 6/7 if memory serves me correct. Fall Line who runs M3s with M3 bits placed 2 and 3 I think..

Edit: From Grand Am
BMW Performance 200: The Stats
GS 1st: Billy Johnson and Jack Roush Jr., No. 61 Roush Performance Ford Mustang Boss 302 R
GS 2nd: Charles Putman and Charles Espenlaub, No. 48 Fall-Line Motorsports BMW M3
GS 3rd: Bryan Sellers and Mark Boden, No. 46 Fall-Line Motorsports BMW M3
ST 1st: Pierre Kleinubing and Jayson Clunie, No. 31 iMoto/Cybernation.net Mazda Speed 3
ST 2nd: Nic Jonsson and Andy Lally, No. 10 Kia Motors American Kia Forte Koup
ST 3rd: Gregory Liefooghe and David A. Levine, No. 81 BimmerWorld Racing BMW 328i
Margin of Victory: 1.061 seconds (overall); .021 seconds (ST)
Average Speed: 109.365 mph (overall); 101.926 mph (ST)
Cautions: Six for 25 laps
Noteworthy
The defending Rolex 24-winning No. 01 TELMEX/Target BMW Riley of Scott Pruett, Memo Rojas, Graham Rahal and Joey Hand did not participate in Friday's two Rolex Series practice sessions, with the team competing its pre-race preparations on Thursday evening.
Both of Friday's Rolex Series practice sessions were held in light rain, with many of the teams opting to sit out most or all of the practice since the forecast for the remainder of the weekend calls for dry conditions.
A.J. Foyt was schedule to serve as Grand Marshal for the 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 but will be unable to attend the race due to recovery from recent surgery.
Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson - Friday's winners of the BMW Performance 200 - completed only two laps in the 2011 season opener and finished 37th in the 2010 event.
The Daytona International Speedway infield reached its spectator capacity at 10:30 a.m. Friday morning.
The BMW Performance 200 will be televised on SPEED on Sunday, Feb. 4, at noon ET.
The Numbers:
.015 seconds - Andrew Davis' GT pole-winning margin over Jeff Segal
2 - Number of laps led by Street Tuner winner Pierre Kleinubing
6 - Cars within seven-tenths of a second in DP qualifying
17 - Consecutive Rolex Series races led by Ricky Taylor
52 - Number of cars finishing on the lead lap of the BMW Performance 200
109.405 - Speed of Charles Espenlaub's fastest race lap in the BMW Performance 200
The Quotes:
"It's good to get all the drama out of the way before the race. We got everything finished last night, so we didn't even run today. Steve (engine builder Dinan) says everything is fine and he has no concerns. If he feels OK, I'm OK." Scott Pruett, No. 01 TELMEX/Target BMW/Riley
"While being on the pole doesn't mean much in the long run in the Rolex 24, I'm very disappointed not to win it. If you're a racer and you're not on the pole, that's not good enough. We're very hungry. I'm really happy with my situation coming into the Rolex 24. I'm happy to have the teammates I want - John (Pew), AJ (Allmendinger) and Justin (Wilson). We work together like brothers. (On the break between the Rolex 24 and Round 2 at Barber Motorsports Park on March 31). There is so much stress getting ready for the Rolex 24, we'll need all that time to recover. Believe me, we really want this one badly." Ozz Negri, No. 60 Liveon.com Ford/Riley
"You don't come here to make friends. You come here to get the job done." Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 02 Target/TELMEX BMW/Riley
"Winning the pole is always special, but with this being the 50th Rolex 24 makes it a little more sweet for us - especially since we only had 45 minutes of track time before qualifying. Obviously, the car is capable of getting to the front. That makes my job a little easier. It's not often that the pole winner wins this race, but we've got a good chance if we can stay out of trouble. I always enjoy racing at Daytona - I consider this my home track." Ryan Dalziel, No. 8 Starworks Motorsport Ford/Riley, pole sitter for the 50th Anniversary Rolex 24.
"It will take a near-perfect race to win. This is a big race, but with this being the 50th makes it even more special. This is the start of our championship, but this like a championship in itself." Ricky Taylor, No. 10 SunTrust Corvette Daytona Prototype
"My sense of joy is getting out of here in one piece and getting a good start to the year. We did not have much luck here the last two years." Jack Roush Jr., No. 61 Roush Performance Ford Mustang Boss 302 R, winner of the BMW Performance 200
Coming Up:
The 2012 Rolex Series season opens with the 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 At Daytona, with the green flag waving at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.