View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #133
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Completely agree. Ramp up then we can keep most everything open. But if we keep open without health care ramp up, we head towards a disaster. We either need vaccine, or capacity of the system to handle the influx of patients.
I just spent 3 days in a hospital following the birth of my twins. Granted this is one hospital in a rural area but I asked a lot of the nurses and doctors I interacted with while I was there about Covid. The general consensus was there was a crowding issue when it first hit but most of the people there had one symptom and were scared because the news told them they were going to die. People would come to the emergency room in a panic because of a runny nose or slight cough and it tied up resources. Everyone I spoke with wished the news didnt sensationalize it.

Another thing they brought up was that they have made advancements in therapeutics and they now know how to get someone treated and sent home. Unless someone is already sick or high risk they aren't tying up rooms. If people are younger and have an underlying condition, its not hitting them as hard and they are going home after short stays.

One doctor I spoke to while waiting in the cafeteria said he was treating Covid symptoms back in Oct and Nov of 2019 and thinks a lot of the people in my area already had it. We had a flight school in our town that was contracted by the Chinese government and he had several hundred Chinese students come over around this time. They have since gone out of business but I work in the industry and often interacted with the students, I also had Covid symptoms in Dec of 2019, but I obviously didn't know what Covid was.

Now this is one smallish town and second hand information but I think most hospitals have these plans in place and over crowding may not be an issue anymore.

Last edited by MPOWER5266; 10-29-2020 at 10:13 AM..
sirdaft12202.50
jesm207.50