04-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #33
EricVR4
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Thanks so much you are too kind lol.

You make a good point about how spread out everything is. I really only scratched the surface. Houston's city limits seem to go on forever and a lot of the neighborhoods feel quite suburban.

I did drive around the Medical Center too. Being in the medical field I wanted to see the massive campus. It didn't disappoint.

The weather cleared up beautifully after a bad morning. Galveston really came alive in the evening.
Yeah Houston has a huge suburbia and it's just as boring as it sounds

I grew up in the suburbs but have lived downtown for a while now. But a lot of people just say they live in Houston even if they're 30-40 miles away because it's easier to say instead of explaining which area/suburb they're from haha.

Med Center really is an impressive place, for a number of reasons. It's chaotic and has a ton of traffic but it's also got a lot of pretty parts around it, and the people that do what they do there are awesome

I know I kind of crapped on Galveston at the start but it really isn't THAT bad, it's just not pretty. There's a lot of really cool history there. If Galveston never existed then Houston probably wouldn't be here today. Plus there's some decent seafood and while growing up I made a lot of trips out there to go fishing/crabbing, going to beach houses, etc. Plus the Pleasure Pier is actually pretty fun, especially if you can catch it when the weather is just right. Some decent beach bars down there too that you can catch the sunset from