11-07-2023, 08:59 AM   #7
E91_AKD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91,E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Do you have any recommendation for easy to use kit for chip repair? I have chips on my Monaco Blue E91, some are starting to show little rusting that I know I'd need to sand out.

And could I attempt paint correction after filling in the chips?

And finally, I would like to apply ceramic coating - any recommendation for a DIY garage application?

I have newly painted front and rear bumpers that I am thinking of ceramic coating know to protect that new finish (paint is over 2 months old by now) and then work on the rest of the car later.

Thank you!
Good morning,
There really isn't anything designed as a kit for repairs such as a chip. I would go ahead and pick up a Paint match bottle at your local dealer if your paint code and thar should knock out the primer, paint and clear portion of the to do list. Go ahead and start your light sanding if that's necessary (if you literally mean chips like the image from the poster above us), then I would try picking at the rust with a needle or pick tool to avoid sanding. Proceed with the primer then paint and clear from your dealer paint kit.

I would wait at least a week to attempt correction as to ensure paint stays put.

The Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is a pretty good diy coating if you aren't familiar with using professional grade products.

If you do plan on doing the entire car at some point soon I would hold off on just coating the front and rear and do it all at once. As you will need to correct the front and rear if you haven't done so after the repaint.