09-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #11
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4nut View Post
I have replaced my entire house with replacement windows once a few years ago, and am currently shopping for my new house. Anderson is crazy expensive, so unless you have architecturally significant windows you are replacing, it's not worth it. I used softlite in my last house, I was happy with them. As you can imagine, installation is a critical part as a great window poorly installed will be crap.

You could hire a handyman to repair the sills/frames, and whirl he's doing that you can shop for a better deal on windows. Or just confirm that what you have is good. Either way, might be worth taking some more time, and if the company is solid you price shouldn't change. If they say it will , it must not be that good of a deal in the first place.
Yeh our builder used some trash ass wood double hungs so honestly nything will look better lol. looks like my dad didn't sign the contract only my mom, so technically not bound to it yet. thank god. They do home repairs based on cost, and not factoring how shitty installers can be