View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 10:20 AM   #34
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Not sure if you guys got into the details about this character. But the fire was after he had a new engine put in. So I got curious as to why he needed a new engine. His previous engine was modified. I didn't get into how much modification went into it. But I do know he had a tune done.

Next, the original engine failed because he snapped a connecting rod which busted a hole on the side of his engine block at cylinder #7. In the process, the free floating piston smashed and broke one of the valves in the cylinder. So he needs a long block now. None of this is being covered under warranty. He thinks the damage was due to him filming himself doing donuts in the snow with the car. Said he was doing video shooting activities for about 2 hours with each run redlining the engine. He also blames that video for putting a crack in one of his wheels. I've never heard of anyone cracking a wheel spinning out their tires in a low traction situation. But that's what he claims and says to everyone don't do donuts unless there is little to no snow on the ground.

And finally, the guy actually set up a Go Fund Me to beg for money to help pay for a the new engine which is now toast...pun intended. He also talks about his justification for putting up the Go Fund Me in one of his videos because of some backlash he got.