View Single Post
      10-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
^ I think you mean sessions, not seasons? But great info here guys, thanks! Good stuff to know
SEASONS, as in I've had these rotors on my car for the last 3.5 years with on average 15-20 days on track/auto-cross each year. For track use I've been exclusively on track pads (Cobalt XR3s and now Hawk DTC-60s). They will likely last me 5 years before I need new rotor rings.

Before anyone says "well you don't brake hard," well, I don't. The less you have to brake the faster you will go.

I will say this. The two "home tracks" for me, California Speedway in Fontana and Buttonwillow Raceway in Buttonwillow are two very brake intensive tracks. Cal Speedway has a 120mph -> 40mph HEAVY braking zone, a 90mph -> 30mph HEAVY braking zone followed by a 180 degrees decreasing radius hairpin, and a 115mph -> 35mph HEAVY braking zone followed by a combination of fairly slow turns. Buttonwillow has 3 back to back to back 100+mph braking zones. These brakes gets put through the torture chamber at least once every other month throughout the year.
Appreciate 0