Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xidave View Post
Toadhollow, I'm thinking of buying a DCI intake, was it worth the money?,,did you notice any performance gains?
I'll answer this question as an opinion ONLY. Lots of different opinions on this forum so..........

Yes, performance gains and yes, IMHO it is worth the money (especially in comparison to some of the new intakes being introduced). I have the Pro-Dry filters as I didn't want to deal with the cleaning/oiling deal (been there, done that with previous intakes).

I dyno'd the car last summer with the DCI and the "swoop scoops" installed. I was able to show a sustained gain of an average 15rwhp over the stock intake. Albeit, this was in 90+ degree heat and 65% humidity. To make things worse, I later found the car had runnability issues and codes. Once the codes were cleared; the car was running like I had just had the Dinan installed all over again. I never got to dyno again though.

So, the DCI has enabled MUCH better throttle response, more hp and better mileage (just over 2 mpg increase to date). The only change since the dyno has been the replacement of the "swoop scoops" with the RPI scoops.

Appreciate 0