09-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #8366
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Modern women have ruined parenting, there I said it. They're so fucking neurotic that it has turned parenting into a 24/7 ordeal. i realise one needs to commit to one's kids and do your best to raise healthy, happy and well adjusted people but fuck me dead the fussing we do over them. Here is a short-list of the bullshit we deal with today that never happened in the past;

- Asking kids instead of telling them.... and then wondering why they don't listen

- Trying to deal with a 2 year old like it's a fucking negotiation with an adult

- 24/7 child care from both parents in the name of equality. To be frank ladies, if I am working i need to sleep, especially if when I get home I need to be ready to take the child off of you so you get a breather, i can't do that on 3 hrs sleep and he is gonna need you overnight to feed him regardless so why am i awake to fluff your pillow? Divide and conquer people, divide and conquer, this is why it feels so overwhelming, by being joined at the hip we have turned 2 parents into 1.25.

- This whole taking kids on city vacations etc, WTF are you doing? Is there a beach? Are there thrill rides? No? Then don't fucking take them because they get bored. Best vacation we have had in 10 years was when we dumped the kids on the sister in law and buggered off to southern france for a week (we then returned the favour).

- "It's all about the children" ...... so the marriage is put t the side completely and both parties resent it

- Bratty, spoilt kids because parenting style has no consequences

- Helicoptering, shadowing, fear fo dirt and mud.... jesus let the little fucker breathe and make mistakes. Don't be an idiot, strap them in to a good car seat etc but christ on a bike the coddling.

I could keep going, god i hate what my generation (X) has done to parenting, bunch of fucking muppets i swear.
I can't really blame women At least in my situation my wife has a great career as a physician and pretty much makes as much as I do. So we definitely have to split duties (except she works many weekends so I end up managing both kids on my own on those days).

But in terms of parenting... I agree... I see many of our friends and their parenting styles of basically bending backwards for their kids and it makes me sick. God forbid their child feel even a microscopic hint of discomfort in their life.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
________4158.50