View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #23
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I wouldn't say only "Tesla fanboys" like the tablet design as while they are the originator of the design, its clear that auto industry is following them, and there is a large market interested in that design.

Even with its controversial design MB has already had success with the W223 S-Class and its tablet style interior with 40k orders at launch (more than the beloved W222 at launch). Every automaker from Volvo to Subaru, Ford, Ram, Porsche, Audi, VW, and even BMW is following their lead and removing buttons and switchgear in favor of "touch-capacitive" buttons and large screens for "uncluttered" interiors. As much as we hate it, luxury is now more synonymous with screens and tech than it is leather, wood and metal.
I can accept that the industry is moving towards touchscreens only, although reluctantly. But to me, it's very clear that horizontal is far better than vertical tablets. Visually/design wise, I think vertical looks good, but in practical terms, horizontal should be the only option as it's much closer to your field of vision.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT