03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #332
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I like to have a GMT function too, but greatly prefer a separate pusher instead of the Rolex half crown release to set it.

I use the chrono function every day to time my french press coffee, it's easier than unlocking my iPhone, clicking on the clock function, switching over to timer and pressing the fake button. A Swiss or German fellow is crying over his dunkelweiss right now...
lol, that's awesome, someone who uses what was once a sophisticated and necessary timing piece for auto racing back in the day, has now become a coffee timer

I'm glad it gets use

I agree on the GMT watches, I know my Nomos isn't technically a "real" GMT watch, but the separate pusher for the time zones is so convenient. For examply, I wore that watch all the way across from ontario to British Columbia, and all I had to do was just press the pusher once a day pretty much. where with my jeep, I had to access sub menus and such to change the time.

when I head back to Ontario however, I'll have to push the pusher about 23 times each zone change to get the time back to the correct times zone. But still easy.