rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
When I had the e46s I got contacted via email and snailmail from multiple dealers multiple times to get the airbags fixed. BMW definitely tried to make sure everyone knew.

For me it was a nice chance to get the car checked out and get a free carwash (they don't seem to do the free carwash anymore though)

I could see someone with an hourly 9to5 job potentially not wanting to take the time to bring their car in or worrying that there would be some other things that BMW wants to charge for a guess but BMW made it pretty easy.... I think they would probably even give a loaner for this.

It seems like one last chance to get the word out to people that should already have known.

Of course my father called me very concerned to tell me about it (it was nice of him but he doesn't realize that he is out of the loop and this is all known). So perhaps some other BMW owner lives under a rock and this last notice could save them...

Like most clickbait you need to the article to see if it is only for original airbags or if there is a problem with cars that have already been fixed. Even then it is really only inferred by the statements about airbag age and not stated explicitly...

So really it is best to check the car VIN for recalls and everyone should do it from time to time.
M3 boi3211.00