View Single Post
      03-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer10 View Post
I have it too and from day one with the car. Last service visit for brake squeal i asked service to look at it. They did there best and re-balanced wheels but admit it is still present. I described the problem to service as : the steering wheel "hums" in my hands. It is fatiguing . Frankly I try not to focous on it . It is mostly a problem during highway driving which I don't do much of. I don't know what to say about the car, in alot of respects it is a wonderful car , probadly made better if you track the car because those benefits may cause you to just overlook its flaws. I have to tell you that while I mostly like the car the ownership experience these past 7 months has been mixed for me. I have had first year A8L, Z06 and 997.2 porsche with PDK. None of those cars has been any where near as problematic as the issues I have either experienced or read about on this forum. Lets hope that BMW gets it together and that there is a software fix for this vibration/hum issue, or if not that the MY 2014 at least has it eliminated.
I've had some of the same cars, almost exactly, and have never had any such issue. If that is BMW's attempt to introduce extra road-feel, it is a wild fail. I have contacts on the inside, so hope the letter gets to the correct eyes asap.

G