View Single Post
      11-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
dubluv17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Clarification for those that have replaced their OEM HU with an aftermarket one

I tried posting this over in 1addicts, but didn't get anything. Hoping you guys can clarify. Thanks.

I would like to do this. I know, everyone here is against it because you get a perfectly good signal from the factory HU(I have the hifi radio in a 135i). But that is not my concern. I have zero iPod controls and I'm sick of having to use my iPod to pick songs and having the aux cord and charging cord flopping around all over the place. I want my iPod in my glovebox, always charging and out of the way. That said, from the research I've done, it seems like I just need these two harnesses to successfully run an aftermarket deck in our cars:

- Metra BMRC-01 Radio Adapter

- Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface

Is the first one the standard harness? (power, ground, remote, speaker channels) Or is there another harness that i need an addition to these. I'm assuming I need to run my own RCA wires at this point also. Unless the BMRC-01 uses the OEM signal wires going to the trunk. I've tried searching, but haven't been able to get many answers. If someone that has done this can just let me know all the harnesses that I need, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dubluv17; 11-10-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0