QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
That's not cheaping out, that's just common sense from the manufacturer perspective. There's no way I'd develop an entirely new engine family just for this car unless it was modular and available for use across multiple platforms. That's ridiculous especially in a time when profit margins are steadily declining.

People forget that the 1JZ and 2JZ had multiple homes. That wouldn't be the case with a one off engine.
Totally get that but you dont think the motor could of also been used in the IS350 / and multiple other lexus's that are RWD?

Not arguing just discussing ( i know internet tone is hard to read, So dont want you to think I disagree )... Just figured they could of made their own I6 which also could of doubled down as an i4 aka modular. But either or in the day of hybrids and electrics im glad we have yet another I6 RWD Turbo and even if its Toyota badged ( Legacy & Name Aside ) it will be a great modable car im sure. If anything we will drag other companys into the BMW fold that would of never made aftermarket BMW parts.