02-26-2015, 04:00 PM   #14
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Even the more "traditional" designs don't appeal to me all that much. I don't know if it's the proportions, fonts used, or balance of space but that's just how I feel.

It's not just because of the RO, Tony (but feel free to find my opinion hard to believe). Out of the examples you showed above, maybe three or four feel moderately appealing, but no more than other ultra luxury brands.
Well, three or four is enough from which to pick one.

Truly my "issue" (if one can even call it that) with your comment was with the idea that AP has a design language. The stuff AP have made over the years is so varied that I just don't see one design language. Within a given line, yes, I see it, but at the brand level, I don't.

I don't mind that you don't like any of their models. That is what it is. It's still hard to believe; AP have made so darn many watches over the entirety of the existence of the modern wristwatch that one likes none of them is a very surprising thing find.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed