05-24-2022, 10:05 AM   #17
tom_wuu
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMW X1 xDrive25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
I'd go with:

Pre-owned: (which is my recommended course of action, watches are all reconditioned and you'd never know. Get one with box and papers for resale)
Watchbox (full-disclosure, I used to work there in product design, they're a great trustworthy company)
Crown & Caliber - owned by Hodinkee and a solid pre-owned company. You'll have to wait to find what you're really wanting

New:
Hodinkee - best new retailer as far as I'm concerned. Great company.

Grey: (nothing wrong with grey, just know what you're getting into. They're all new and legit)
Jomashop - i've also purchased smaller pieces from them and they're great. I just usually go PO for bigger spends.

Also nothing wrong with TrueFacet, RealReal, etc but they're not watch pros. Chrono24 is also fine, but it's an eBay of retailers and just make sure you pick someone with LOTS of reviews and also has a store behind the name.

Full-full-disclosure: I worked in watches for a few years so i'm also very biased, but I do know the majority of these companies intimately.
I bought a Navitimer B01 43mm silver dial Japanese edition from Crown & Caliber through the online platform Chrono24 in 2020

The delivery was made by the higher grade of UPS

Condition is good and match with the description

Though C&C gave me 2 years after sales warranty, I took the Navitimer to the local Breitling Boutique. Upon checking for it's validity, they bear the remaining warranty for me (it was sold with 5 year warranty in 2018, I picked it on 2020, warranty last until 2023 under my name)

as it is the first time to buy such a watch online, really scary when I click the confirm button.
As I can track the parcel like the ordinary courier, I have no worry since then.