View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I don't really want to build a new PC, at least not yet. My laptop specs are plenty to start, ASUS ROG, Ryzen 9 5900HS, RTX3060, 16BGB (upgrading to 32), 1TB SSD, my only issue is I cant support triple monitor unless I run a controller, which I don't want to do because of the performance loss I've read about, so that's another reason I was looking at VR. I'm about 95% positive I would not like a single monitor, or even a large curved simply because I highly dislike cockpit views if I cant look out the side windows. Maybe if I find I get serious enough I'll build a dedicated PC with tri-monitor support.

I'm going to look into the 80/20 builds. I've got a few months before I'm home and can start building.

How many of you still use side shifters? Or do you just stick with flappy paddles?
Why can't you run a triple monitor on a 3060? Does it not have 3-4 outputs?

I ran a triple monitor setup in 2014 on some old 4gb card with no issues. An old Sapphire R9 290 4gb.

You would definitely not like one monitor. I haven't been able to try VR yet, so I went triples like I had on my last setup. Plus I wear glasses, so that's another hurdle.