View Single Post
      01-25-2023, 09:24 PM   #26
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
When you try to be something to everyone you ultimately sell the company's soul and lose site of the brand.

Porsche and Lambo SUVs are freaking glammed up Audi SUVs. Sure, you can make an SUV performance machine, but why? I just don't get it. I shake my head in disappointment at BMW, Porsche, Lambo, Audi, etc. for making these lifted glorified station wagons and sedans with crap utility and worthless off-road capability. But as you're implying, there's always someone waiting there cash in hand to buy one of the vehicles and that someone likely cares next to nothing about the driving experience and is more interested in the emblem on the hood.
Why? Because that’s what people want as evidenced by their sales. The SUVs are the #1 seller for them. Seems pretty simple. You’d be surprised at the off-road capability of a Cayenne, not that 98% of buyers are taking it off road. They literally made an off roading 911! I mean come on, do you see BMW making M3 off roaders?

As evidenced by the GT cars, the Sport Classic, the Dakar, and the continued supremacy of the 911 in the sports car world, I’d say they’re doing plenty to keep the enthusiasts happy. Far better than any other German brand and it’s not even particularly close.
Red Bread4463.00
Burrcold5319.50
x622962.00
Donatello.1083.50