View Single Post
      09-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #280
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Didn't we have refueling in the KERS era? I'm almost certain we did.

The thing I want with refueling isn't about fuel use but smaller and more nimble cars with a dash of uncertainty. This makes a more complex strategic formula and will return F1 to actual sprint racing. If I want to watch endurance racing with lift and coast, tire savings, and the rest of that foolishness, I'll watch WEC and other forms of racing which I enjoy for different reasons.

I don't want to see it in F1 as it dilutes the brand and devalues the drivers who are supposed to be the fastest drivers in the world. Because F1 is SPRINT Racing. Not mini-enduro challenge.
i need to look MK for accurate info but KERS used only by few teams one year and the next year refueling was banned KERS were not though even if nobody was using it..
but im sure it was in '09 or '10..

i agree with you.. and that sprint full speed spirit i guess ended right after quali engine days were over also when you dig deeper...

and forgot to add.. i hate "temps are so high" phrase as well.. cooling wise not tires.. you shave time by cooling less.. but you cant go faster and get closer to the front to overtake..