View Single Post
      05-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #477
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post

you simply will not win a series in this league if you're not scoring with the man advantage

+1

Tough game for your Sharks last night, J. stayed up late to watch the whole thing. those OT's were very exciting. you guys got completely robbed in that first OT, quite frankly...Pavelski was clearly pushed and then tripped into Rinne...there was nothing he could have done to stop himself

I'm still pulling for your sharkies in the series, but in the meantime I will be rooting for the home team in every game for the remainder (and the DAL/STL series, too), as I picked SJ (and Dallas) in 7 in my pool
It was an epic game really. Feel for you East coast guys staying up so late for the finish. I could only follow the first three period on the feed from NHL.com and then the first OT radio but was able to make it home for the last two Ot's.
When you get that far in the OT it is so even neither team really beats the other...it just takes one miscue or good bounce for the win. The game winner was a minor missed assignment and everyone is so tired that's how it goes.
I saw a replay of the Pavelski "goal" and I kind of have to say the call is not necessarily unfair. He was charging hard and the push was marginal at best...if It was on the other side of the coin I would say my goalie was interfered with. I can't really hold that as an excuse.

The fault I can find was the PP opportunities for the Sharks in OT...too much dump in..the Sharks do it best by setting up the points and getting guys like Burns firing at the net and then winning the battle in front of the net...the PP in OT never felt really dangerous.

Gotta hand it to the Preds for playing tough and of course Rinne who as I've been saying all along is so tough. He is the best goalie of the remaining playoff teams. Despite the fact that the Preds took out the Ducks for the Sharks to lose this series would be underachieving even though the goal at the beginning of the season was to just make the playoffs.