03-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #23
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I like everything except the 22MP. I guess they're aiming at their video market with this camera.

This pixel density is way lower than the 7D and the 1D X is even lower density (aimed at sports photographers). I wish that they'd aim a FF camera at wildlife photogs others that want maximum detail, without sacrificing noise too much.

I may have to buy a 1D MkIV before they discontinue it.

If I didn't have so much already invested in Canon lenses, I'd be seriously considering the D800.

Dave
where did you see the pixel pitch information? All I found was that it's a newly designed sensor. So maybe different coatings to help sharpness. and perhaps still have better pixel pitch then the outgoing model?

To be honest, I was expecting something more like 24-30MP for the new camera. But I guess they were concentrating on that high ISO ability as the priority.

The high video ISO should be handy to help people be able to close down aperture and get more DOF

I'd love to hear some reviews before stepping up and upgrading. But with the faster frame rate and better AF system along with rediculous amounts of ISO, it is tempting on it's own without even taking into consideration the pixel count.