View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #370
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing240sx View Post
not that i'm particularly concerned about it but...

the strap is one of the first from Everest: WUS Link

The PVD is aftermarket, Rolex has a bulletin out to their dealer network from 2010 advising that it voids the warranty in response to so many people doing it.

The President is the OE bracelet in 18k modded to accept the diamond work.

Yeah the diamond work on the Sub is much better. We had several done and our dealer commissioned the work.

The President was done by someone else and the work is not quite as good but 18k is much harder to finish than steel. however, the casting flaws should have been a clear sign of actual 18k gold (relatively soft) and who would make a fake rolex president out of solid 18k??? there is more value in the gold than in the movement
It's interesting that you would do that...the workmanship on all the aftermarket stuff is more akin to something that should be on a Seiko (and not a Grand Seiko). Even the PVD is uneven on the clasp. More power to you if you like it I suppose, I would've customized with original Rolex parts if I was going the route of wanting something unique. At least with the bracelet, Rolex makes a president with diamonds, why not go with that?

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige