08-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #66
Leostra1417
Registered
Rep

Drives: bmw x5 f15 2015

Dead fish in my X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I'm normally a positive person. Recently, however, I've been experiencing a streak of bad luck that just makes me say FML (Foxtrot Mike Lima).

Today, I went to the self-serve car wash to give the Mighty Dodge a final bath before listing it for sale. I wanted to go to the $$$ national chain big rig truck wash where they have professional staff and harsh professional-grade chemicals that work, but my DW vetoed that idea and we instead went to the self-serve place with it's consumer-grade wimpy chemicals and she volunteered to do most of the washing.

As I was spraying the high pressure soap onto the roof with the wand over my head at the self-serve wash, the hose partially split at the wand's input fitting and soaked me with soapy recycled water before I could throw it onto the ground. I wound up having to use $3.00 of quarters in the next bay to run that wash in spot-free rinse mode to wash the soapy mess off of ME (because it probably has the best filters for the recycled wash water), and now the Mighty Dodge smells like a wet dog inside from the drive home in drenched clothes.

Feel free to add your own FML moment.....

I just bought a new X5 for my wife and the second day of driving it, I spilled a gallon of liquid fish fertilizer in the back seat and cant get the dead fish smell out of this beautiful car now.