View Single Post
      10-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #558
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Thankfully the only other prime time Vikes game this year is Thanksgiving evening at home against New England. There is so much debate here locally about Cousins with I think most people wanting to move on to someone else. But what is the next best option that is going to equal more wins?? One thing that could be better is just spending less money on a QB and build more of a supporting cast, but again, what are those cheaper options? The Vikes know exactly what they have with Cousins and can work with it so I'm on the side of the argument of keeping him until a better option is available.
Thats my take on Cousins as well.

Is he an elite qb? no. Is he above average? yes. Are there better options available? no, unless you get lucky in the draft. But every year there are maybe 1-2 QBs that show the potential to be a Kirk Cousins type guy, and a handful of others that are worse. So you either stick it out with Kirk and hope the team gets hot at the right time, or drafts other positions well and hopefully build a contender, or you become the Browns/Jets/Jags/Commanders/Texans/Panthers/etc and are constantly wasting a good roster with below average qb play.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?