Thread: Dell Computers
View Single Post
      09-09-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Does anyone have a lot of experience with Dell laptops?

I have recently been sent a newer 13 inch xps and an newer 15 inch... both of which are top of the line and cost a lot of money thru my work.

I can confidently say this is the biggest load of garbage that I think I've seen since the HP days after that compaq merger.

The first 13 inch had its security chip fail on day 1 during startup and went into recovery mode. Then it would overheat on every teams call that I would take since they tried to give it a cool case like a mac.

That one got sent back and I got a new 15 inch...

This one felt better, a bit quicker and seemed to work overall cleaner.

Fast forward 1 week, and today my external monitor base wouldn't connect to it and the computer couldn't hold a charge. Then I plug in the regular dell adapter and the same happens lol... the fucking thing can't charge. Oh and this beast of a workstation has a 2hr battery life... what is this 1995?

Now before being called a mac fanboy as I understand all brands have their issues but 2 failures in a row is abysmal and unthinkable on any of my macs. I think it just goes to show how many lightyears the apple arm architecture, cooling case design and processing efficiency of apple machines is... today I felt like I went 20 years back. Thank you that is all.