View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
m3z
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhm3 View Post
You need to get an audi mechanic (from a shop that handles mostly audis) verify your claims that the brakes failed. then get a lawyer to represent you (maybe one of them lemon ones) If you can prove that the brakes failed because of defect- then you may have a chance to get the blame on audi for the tab.

btw, if yours failed, you should look into the audi forums to find others in the same situation. if you cannot find others in the same boat, then find out why your car is the only one- i.e. did you have service done on the brakes recently by a dealer or 3rd party mechanic? did they forget to install something? etc.
I took the car to the audi dealership. was that a bad move? all service was done by audi (the dealership). craziest thing is. my aunt felt something was wrong with the brakes. I tested it. as soon as I got off the gas, the car would slow down as if the emergency brakes were on or something. so we were on the way to the dealership to see if this was normal when the accident happened. (according to her, the brake pedal was acting up for the past few days. i.e. long pedal travel, then short pedal travel. going from really sensitive brake feel to needing to push the pedal all the way down)
Appreciate 0