Thread: need help guys
View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
m3z
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3

need help guys

so my aunt and I were driving along today in a 2013 audi a6 when the brakes just literally FAILED. I was sitting passenger and tried to put on the emergency brakes. even tried dumping the car into park or reverse and we rolled on at a steady 24-28 mph. we ended up crashing into a parking lot and a fence to stop us. is it true that audi is only liable for damages and not the fact that the brakes failed? is my aunt not entitled to any kind of pay out or something? (in the beginning this is not the route I wanted to go but when I got to the dealership they were giving us all kinds of attitude as if theyre cars were from heaven and couldn't have failed) I understand we should be glad no one was hurt (which we are glad for) but that had nothing to do with audi. all audi did was fail on us. we had to maneuver the car to dodge traffic and basically "stop" into the fence. Im sorry if im just venting but I was hoping to get some good advice. (my cousin whos a lawyer is saying that audi is only liable for the damage but hes fresh out of law school so I was hoping someone who has dealt with a issue like this could give me their prespective)
Appreciate 0