View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #4705
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I find this a bit puzzling unless it is out of context. I'm sure most people believe that tomorrow is not guaranteed. Whether it be do to sickness, accident, or an act of violence your card can be punched at anytime. This belief should make you cherish each day and everyone you love everyday.

If you act in a reckless manner because you can be dead tomorrow, then I get it. Meaning you don't lead a healthy lifestyle or make poor life choices (drugs, dangerous behavior) because why bother if you might get hit by a bus tomorrow. If this is the case, then she feels that you are being selfish as those who love you will feel the pain of your death because you didn't care enough about them to take care of yourself.

I can't respond to how to react without knowing the backstory - not trying to pry.
I'm not reckless. I have a safe job and I don't even ride motorcycles anymore. I think death is a tough subject for her. I've told her i love life, but that I'm not preocupied with the thought of death in a conversation a few weeks ago. It's inevitable and can come at any moment, but I'm certainly not looking for it. This set her off. She thinks that my view on the subject means that I can't love anyone. That somehow she doesn't matter to me. I'm trying to figure this out. Am I supposed to tell her I'm really afraid of death? It's so strange to me. I don't know if this is her way of trying to get out of the relationship or if she thinks me not being super afraid of death somehow indicates I'm incapable of love.

We've had a lot of good times together and this is coming out of left field. I don't want to lose her, but I certainly don't want her to stay if she's unhappy. I'd rather her be happy without me instead of miserable with me.

Sucks and sorry for venting guys.