01-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #41
henrylee
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I too have a very good relationship with my local AD from whom I've purchased five new Rolex's (Two SS Daytona's, two GMT Batman's and one Sub Hulk).
As everyone has said, the cases are empty. They are actually thinking of redesigning the cases so there are fewer spots (empty) so it doesn't look so odd.
My AD said that he has no idea when anything is coming in. So far, they've only received on new Pepsi and haven't really seen anything else in a SS sport model in a long time.
He told me that Rolex hit their sales goal last year around October and basically stopped shipping SS sport models. Demand when through the roof.
I said, it's basically the same model that Ferrari uses. Produce less than the demand and the prices will always rise!

I've actually moved on from new watches and have moved into the classics. Currently I have a 1971 Rolex Daytona 6263 PN, 1972 Rolex 1680 Red Sub (selling) and a 1973 Rolex 1675 GMT Pepsi. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the look of the new watches, but really love the patina and "story" of the older watches.

In the end, yes, the shortage is real. No one knows what's going to happen.
Wow your Vintage collection is awesome! Now that's a collection - 6263, 1680, and 1675.