Rep

Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
JD Power is total bullshit.

It's become such a meme these days with social media I don't understand how people even take it seriously anymore.
I agree with the notion that "you really never know whats going on behind the scenes" with any sort of review but...

I disagree completely to say that JD Power is complete BS. Its obviously a very real research company that has been around a while and is very widely respected in the auto industry from a CONSUMER standpoint... again cant say whats going on behind the scenes.

Do you actually think they employ hundreds of people to make up bogus statistics and at the end of the day, its all about what manufacturer pays more?

I highly doubt thats the case. These are real people compiling real statistics. Thats not to say the benefit of doubt could be given to one manufacturer over another in certain circumstances where ratings be incredibly close but overall.. I feel and believe these rankings and stats are VERY representative of the overall population of vehicles...

And at the end of the day, isnt that exactly what they are designed to do?

And because something has become a meme doesnt mean it has any sort of validity in the real world.

Imagine we all went around living our lives, making decisions based on internet memes!? Im sure some of us do... subconsciously of course