View Single Post
      09-22-2022, 03:27 PM   #35
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Caviar View Post
what about motorcycles with sidecars? can-am's?

i've have my sideview mirror hit/damaged 2x from this noble exercise in "safety" and i'm not too enthusiastic about it. particularly the cars that go OUT OF THEIR WAY to get way into the shoulder and then spray pebbles and other trash at the vehicles behind them. all so they can get an upside down peace sign from their "biker brethren".
LOL, you said cars, might be telling there... I literally have never heard of a motorcycle getting on the shoulder to intentionally spray pebbles or whatever. It wouldn't really be effective anyway since our contact patch is like the size of a credit card, lot of work for 2 pebbles.

FYI can ams and sidecars are not motorcycles. Also how many sidecars you see lane splitting and where? Id like to see it because most sidecar rigs Ive seen are as wide as my car.

Like said above, it can be safe easily. Yeah there are aholes, but there are also no shortage of cars using the shoulders to get around traffic, weaving in and out, and racing in traffic. Douchebag gonna douchebag no matter what they are piloting.
Buug95917721.50
DocL1939.00