Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Squirrel View Post
i was TRYING to be funny, especially since the design is laughable.

The Zonda is a great car, and much more cohesive than the gumpert...but still it doesnt look as though it was designed by a proffesional, more like a middle schoolers notebook sketch from math class...which i guess is part of the charm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Squirrel View Post
The reason the aztec is ugly is b/c the management at GM picked a sketch that could never fit the chosen package. ive heard the original sketch is actually cool. i used the aztec as a reference b/c most people car realte to it. And no just because someone is a proffesional designer doesnt mean they are good.

The gumperts design is fundamentaly wrong. the viper is not. thats all there is too it. all that i said is that the gumpert is fugly...thats all i said...you started the argument....you could have just left well enough alone.

Design is subjective, and even in the design community there are different tastes, some bad some good, and whatnot. But we doing CLAIM to be design professionals we ARE design professionals.

We have a trained eye, we spend 5 years and alot of money to get that trained eye, and 100% of people i know who have any kind of design training, automotive or product agree that the gumpert is ugly.

Wiggz and I have pretty much laid it out for you why its ugly. Stop defending it. Stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

Jesus. I've lost you again. You've been swapping chat back and forth with me since the start. At what point did I ever say anything other than the fact that the Gumpert is Ugly. Here. I'll say it again. IT's FUCK UGLY. I didn't start an argument in any way. In fact we weren't having anything resembling an argument until this last post which seems to be heading in some strange direction. At no point in any of this have I defended the looks of the Gumpert. None. Why do you keep saying I did?

However I still stand 100% by the fact that whether or not a car is good looking is entirely in the eye of the beholder and a matter of taste and not design knowledge. The Viper looks great in normal form. In ACR form it looks like something from a teenagers carpark car meet with giant winged Civics etc.

That's my opinion of the looks of it. Surely any designer worth their salt should understand that fact better than most so to make the Corolla statement is dumb in my opinion and reduces their credibility in my book.

I'm not defending the Ugliness of the Gumpert and well done on the last comment. We were having a nice and mostly funny back and forth and now you've gone and made it sound like you think you're some kind of genius who's opinion on the look of a car is the only one that matter because you're a "designer".

I know exactly what I'm talking about. People like the look of some cars and hate the looks of other cars. That's the simple fact. I have no clue of the intricacies of the actual analysis you made of the car nor do I need to know them. They're irrelevant. I look and my eyes transmit an image to my brain which then decides for me if I like the look of it or not. Everyone else does the same thing and not a single one of them decides based on whether or not there should be fillets to take the sharpness out of the box extrusions.

Take a look at cars that have emblazoned teens walls and desired over the years and run your analysis on them and I have no doubt there are a large number that will fall into the "Wrong" design category but people still loved them.

Countach, Testarossa, 308 GT4 (yeuch) to name just a few.