M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
I don't see your viewpoint at all here.

"Somebody was just here. What were they doing? Relaxing, reading, fighting, sleeping, eating, causing destruction? Capture the vacated scene. These are just some examples of what someone might photograph. Use your creativity and interpret the theme as you wish. If necessary, please include a brief description.

The only guideline in this contest is that whoever was doing whatever in your photo should no longer be present. Make sense? So, whoever was reading in their favorite chair and left their book and eyeglasses on the end table should no longer be in the scene. "

I will only speak for my entry but it's pretty obvious imo. Someone has just finished a cigarette, ie - someone was there smoking that cigarette but has now left the scene (as wanted in the contest advice)

I think "Use your creativity and interpret the theme as you wish" pretty much sums it up.
Yours is the closest to the theme, IMO, but the cig butt could have been there for days. If it had still been burning, then it would have been closer.

And yes, that last line leaves it wide open to interpretation in a way, but taken too far it encompasses any unoccupied space, regardless of how long it has been unoccupied. I don't think that meets the first line of "Someone was just here."

I have pictures of empty churches that would technically fit the theme, but I don't think they meet the spirit of the theme.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede