09-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #51
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdubbz View Post
the bb has it's own network that allows you to communicate with others who also have a BB. BB>iPhone from any stand point other than browsing.

and btw. WAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJA
I don't see blackberry>iphone in any way other than the keyboard,and thats a stretch because the touch keyboard is much better anyone who says any different has never actually tried to use it without a bias mind. I had a blackberry, I had used to have a palm, iphone is seriously better in every which way to every phone on the market, depsite its problems, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
the main problem for me was it kept freezing on me which was very annoying because at the time it was the only computer i had access to. Although apple did offered me a new one, but i didn't want to bother with it because i need it for my school work and didn't want to risk it shitting on me again. I now have a HP which I'm pretty happy with although it doesn't look "cool" it doesn't freeze on me at least.
Very odd, maybe you have a faulty unit, sucks because im pretty sure you'd be better off. the looks is nothing compared to the actual use of the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Yes I run Snow Leopard. Its pretty nice.

I love the BB Bold for how it gets things done efficiently. I need a keyboard with tactile feedback. The keyboard on the iPhone is nonsense for typing out a lengthy email or text. Till a month ago you couldn't even turn the thing sideways to type, not that it even helps. I just need more then one button on my phone, the touch screen thing is a novelty to me on a cell phone. I also don't play video games like a 16 year old on my cell phone, so most apps are redundant for me. Not to mention pins and blackberry messenger can't be beat.. I actually hate having to send an SMS when I could pin or use bbm. I use my phone for business and communicating with employees, friends, and family. Nothing else.
there are many other apps other than games, also you better get used to the keyboard being touch, as you see with the storm its slowly going to be going away. the keyboard is really good, and will continue to get better as they implement better methods(creator of t9 is working on it). i cant speak on pin or bbm, but everyone i know uses other systems(gtalk,aim,msn,yahoo)etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Ive been on macs for quite a while now. However im forced to using a windows os for gaming. I wish that mac would make an affordable and upgradeable gaming rig. I love being able to go to newegg and buy the latest part and swap it in the gaming rig.

Ive got a mac mini and gaming rig hooked up to a 30in monitor. Heres a question though. On the bluetooth mouse/keyboard, how do you set the mac to sleep and turn the mouse off? Once you put it to sleep, you cant turn off the mouse because that wakes the mac up.
yeah gaming is a problem, but thats only because mac only holds like 10-15% of the market. i dont think they will ever make a gaming rig where you can swap out parts like you can do on pcs. they are a hardware company first.... and the question about the mouse, i usually put the mac to sleep and switch the mouse off at the same time gotta do it quickly, im sure theres another way but i never looked, it probably goes to sleep on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Former iPhone 2G and 3G owner (currently 3GS) here. Also a 13" MBP.

My main desktops (at home and work) are Windows though. The Mac is nice for home, but really isn't ready for business use. The build quality is simply amazing. Also have a Sony netbook.
Why is it not ready for business use? You know you can run it side by side right? but im curious to know why its not ready for biz use