View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

By the way, this is what injectors look like after 100K miles.
Name:  injector.JPG
Views: 2685
Size:  164.3 KB

Although, I have to admit I didnt' notice much difference after they came back clean. For me, it turned out some of the random misfires I was getting was from a worn out (or supposed missing) "donut" gasket on the front of the cat pipe that connects to the manifold:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...h/11627830668/

Are you getting any fuel smell/exhaust smell from the front of the car. I was getting that smell from the back of the engine bay, which is approx where the manifold sits to the cat pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Scharbag - I did this late last year and forgot to do my writeup. I would recommend sending your injectors out for cleaning and repair (i.e., new seals). They will flow test them so that you can hopefully rule out injectors when you get them back. Much cheaper and good first option before buying new injectors.

I used this guy: http://www.mrinjector.us/

Very quick turnaround and delivered as promised. All injectors were cleaned and flow-tested. My injectors weren't all that bad (for a car with over 110K+ miles at the time). I'll see if I can dig up the stats to share.

As for removal, never found an E9X specific DIY procedure, but there's one on Pelican Parts for a generic E90 that is close enough.

Short form on the procedure:
1) Remove airbox and plenum (same as what you would do if you were going to change spark plugs, etc)
2) To minimize fuel flow from the injectors, I pulled the fuel pump fuse (sorry, forgot which number) and opened up the gas cap. Parked the car overnight as well.
3) Injector clips are fairly easy to pull off. Just pry the paperclip like retainer (be careful not to lose it of course).
4) Loosen a couple screws and then, just pull straight up on the fuel rail to remove the injectors and rail assembly
5) Each injector is then pulled off by hand off the rail. Some injectors might be tight, but if you give it a gentle twist and pull (make sure it's 90 to the rail), they will all pop off easily
6) Assembly is just in reverse. I lightly lubricated each seal with a small drop of 10W60 and they popped back in with no problem
Appreciate 0