First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
+1...I'll go with that-Pens in 6.

What's your take on Preds vs Ducks? I've got no one to talk hockey with other than here....the Sharks are resting and will have had a week off before the next round. Good or Bad. Theory says good--get some rest, but stats show oftentimes the resting team loses game one with a sluggish start. Course someone is going to lose the first game but you would think the rested team would in most cases come out flying and almost always take game 1.
Meant to mention in my last post how both the games last night were really great to watch. Game 7 will be a good one out in Anaheim, but just given what I recall from the past couple years in the postseason (the Ducks losing at home...often), I'm gonna say the Preds steal this one.

Yes, common sense and theory would say that the rested team should come out all revved up, but reality seems to disagree. I think in certain situations some rest will certainly benefit a team, but too much rest proves to be costly at times. I feel like the players just kinda get a little lazy and off their game and lose that "playoff mentality/intensity" until it hits them like a freight train in their next game back. Should be interesting to see how the long rest affects the Sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Glad the Caps finally closed it out against Philly. It took long enough but I think the Caps just got too comfortable after going 3-0 against them, and especially after that third game 6-1 rout on their ice. Games 4-6 were pretty weak, but if they play like they did in games 1-3, the second round against the Pens will be great.
+1

Caps definitely got too comfortable and lazy against an overall weaker opponent with such a commanding lead. I believe 5 of their 6 goals in game 6 were PP goals. great series coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
It will be out after the conclusion of tomorrow's ducks-pred game and will be posted on nhl.com.
You wanna know the most ridiculous thing about the scheduling? as of right now, the Islanders and Lightning and scheduled to play game 1 of their second round series Wednesday 4/27 at 7PM ET. game 7 between the Ducks and Preds is scheduled for that same night at 10PM ET. HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SCHEDULE A SECOND ROUND GAME BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST ROUND!?

I understand that it is the western conference and it has literally zero effect on the eastern conference games, but still, its just ridiculous. especially when you consider that the Islanders have played 2 double OT games in the past 5 days. Maybe I sound like I'm whining a bit as an Isles fan, but cmon. seems to me like the Islanders are getting completely hosed by whoever sets the schedules. They were the only team (besides Florida, of course) that played on consecutive nights in the first round (and will likely be the only team to do so throughout the entire duration of the post season). Fuck you Gary Bettman.
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]