05-09-2019, 01:51 PM   #724
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Programming with new trainer has been good. Have him working on my legs for me and said my biggest issue is that they are so knotted up and tight not using full muscle so growth limited. Hes trying to fix that and compensations I make to get them to take off. Funny thing about paying someone to work with you. You really bust your ass cuz you dont wanna waste the money.

Have you ever looked into deep tissue massage? Back when I was really going heavy with legs, I would try and schedule one of those ever other week. They would break up the knots, and most importantly help facilitate the fascia which is the sheath that covers every muscle.

It's been proven that a tight fascia can restrict muscle growth as there is basically no pliability or room.

Deep Tissue massage is painful...but effective. So is extreme stretching when the muscle is full of blood.

You can read several articles on fascia stretching that substantiate the benefits.

Glad things are going good with you. Sometimes it's best to have a second set of eyes no matter how experienced you are. I'm the first to admit I don't know it all and always looking to learn.

You and FlaPatsFan have really helped motivate me and open my eyes to new ways of training!