05-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #721
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Thanks Rmtt, yeah I was definitely happy with the numbers. Pushing that kind of weight from a dead stop is tough. It activates the muscle in such a different way which i like. A lot of power is generated from the hips which translates to a lot of other movements. Guess I don’t see it as crazy weight since I’m used to hitting those numbers. But a few of my buddies who were training near me were like “Damn bro you made that look easy “ always a nice compliment especially since they are 10-15 years younger then me...lol.

I know the machine you speak of and it’s awesome. I believe it pulls you down, almost like you are doing banded reps. It blasts your legs! I wish mygym had one. I’ve used one a few times at a few powerlifting gyms.

Wanted to wish you and your family the best at the wedding! Enjoy every minute! From one Dad to another Congrats!

The Machine is called Rogue. It's like the banded ones, but let's you use plates on the back instead and it pulls you down. Our owner was a competitive power-lifter in the 80's, so it's more of a power-lifting oriented gym.

That's what I like most about it!

Thanks for the best wishes....honestly I'm a nervous wreck right now!