View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 12:51 AM   #1
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Getting into sim racing, got some questions

I've been thinking about building a rig when I get home, and I scored AC with all car packs on Steam yesterday during their Halloween sale, so now I've been doing more research on rigs and such and I have a couple questions.

1) When looking at cockpits, are their any designs that are widely regarded as "don't do it"? I was browsing Amazon last night and was looking at the OpenWheeler Gen3, but feel like that design might get wobbly. I like the NLR GTTrack, but don't want to drop almost a grand on just a cockpit. I also don't want one of the entry level cheap ones that look like they have a cardboard seat. I do, however, have fixed-back racing seats that are going in my truck, but probably wont get installed for quite some time, so I thought about buying a cockpit without a seat and just using one of those for now.

Edit: Just came across the NLR F-GT frame only option. Looks like it could be nice.

2) VR... I like VR and like the sense of immersion you get from VR games so that's what I was planning on doing, but I have not used it with any sim racing. How does the VR work with AC? Do you find it a pain trying to use other buttons on the wheel when you cant glance down? Is it only during races, or are all of your menus and such also in VR? I haven't had any issues feeling sick with VR yet, so I'm not worried about that.

Last edited by ///d; 11-01-2021 at 03:37 AM..