04-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #1
M3Tooner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT ZCP

Road & Track review of M3 CP vs C63s vs Giulia Quadrifoglio

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...s-amg-comparo/

Disappointed that there was no track times but I think they like the M3 best on the track.

Quote:
To that end, the Giulia Quadrifoglio is the gutsiest, a serious first stab that leaves an impression. The M3 is objectively sharpest, still a siren yet no longer infallible. Whatever modicum of performance the Mercedes leaves on the racetrack, it makes up everywhere else. For what "regular use" means today, the C63 S is damn near irresistible.

Quote:
While both Germans gain favor on the bigger track, the Italian's novelty factor wears thin. It's suspect of drama-by-design, same as Alfa's mid-engine 4C. That car is a bit smoke and mirrors, akin to what someone who's never driven a race car would think a race car feels like. The Quadrifoglio is similarly edgy, to the point of feeling disconnected. Finding a rhythm takes serious work.
Exactly what my impression was when I drove one. The steering is so unnecessarily quick, somewhat trying to be dramatic, to wow the journalist. Feels like a race car because it is so quick but is it really needed to put together a fast lap? Probably not.

Last edited by M3Tooner; 04-28-2017 at 06:47 AM..
Appreciate 1