View Single Post
      01-19-2023, 11:28 PM   #15
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Netflix drive to survive gives you understanding of what it is to run a team and how elite you have to be - THE 20 Best drivers in the world.

Then get F1 subscription, cost $50 for new users I think, gives you exceptional access to tons of contents, past races (condensed highlights too) and you can love stream ever practice, qualifying and race. F1 tv has tech talks, insights. Watch the practices and qualifying and focus on the commentary; there is so much great insight into the sport and engineering during those discussions; that’s peobably where I learned the most.

What’s keen to grasp os there are many layers to F1 and why I think its so appealing to so many people. Layers as in thematic areas based in interest, so of you just want to see drivers compete, well it has that, want to see the greatest engineering the world has to offer, has that, the battle of F1 really being a “team sport” and how that works. want to see pit crew and teams accomplish amazing feats refactoring the cars from race to race and practice session to eek performance, it has that - want to see amazing strategies play our or implode, it has that…. Risk reward bets at every turn, scary crashes that drivers walk away from without a scratch, competitive spirit at the highest level, and on top of all that - it’s extremely civilized, respectful, these drivers pretty much all grew up together as toddler karters and could be teammates next season. and the drama and politics which there is a lot, however its all about F1, not other BS outside the sport.

So jump in with F1TV watching practices, trch talks and Netflix series from first season and you’ll learn so much. It takes time too, years of being a fan I still learn new stuff everyday, its very rewarding in that sense.

There’s no other sport that has all this and so much more

Agree woth others on thr youtube channels like drive61, however i found those were better for when I wanted to know a very specific thing, like is an F1 faster than nascar or a particular rule or what an MKU is.