12-29-2022, 01:34 PM   #7341
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
From another site (calguns.org). I thought the LEO braintrust may be able to help this guy. If it matters, it is The People's Republik of Kommiefornyastan.
I forgot to post the question (https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1835961)

Quote:
I would like to hear people's thoughts on carrying inside a police station in this particular scenario. I'm asking here first before going to my IA or the chief of the PD in question and asking their thoughts or policy. I don't want to rock the boat and force a new policy to be made where one didn't exist before.

Background: I have access to the inside of local police station (in the Bay Area) where I have regular monthly meetings with an emergency services group I'm a board member of. We, the board, have credentialed access to the secured parking area and inside the station. Meetings are always at night time and the PD is mostly empty when we are there. We never interact with any police officers as we go to and from our meeting room. We go in as a group and leave as a group.

What do people think about carrying in that scenario? I understand concealed means concealed, but I'd suspect if we interacted with any police their senses might be tuned well to see telltale signs of carrying.

Our IA did not list police station as restricted areas. Only schools, courthouses, commercial airports, bars and federal buildings. I don't see any law, yet, on restrictions at a police station.
Carry as usual without notifying IA/Chief?
Ask the IA their thoughts on doing this?
Ask the PD Chief if he is ok with it?

The other part of this equation is that even though I can do it, doesn't mean I should do it. It may be legal to carry, but it may not be smart to do it due risks of encountering an officer and things not going well. Besides not carrying at all, leaving in the car while inside seems to be the best option from my view without letting IA/Chief knowing that a CCWer has inside access and then having them set an official policy due to this.

Thank you