View Single Post
      12-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #14
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think it's a good thing to ban such things during the race or while they're on the paddock.
Those are work enviroments, and the drivers are at that moment at work. They are getting paid.

It's like when I'm shopping in the supermarket, or at the bank, I also don't want the employees out their political views when I'm paying the bill, as much as I might agree with the views.
When I'm at work (back in the day I used to work for a boss), or when I'm now at customers, I also don't make political or social statements by way of dressing or ortherwise. I'm there to do the job I'm paid to do.

What F1 drivers do outside F1, so outside the track limits, I couldn't care less and I endorse them to persue their political intrests and social opinions like I do with everyone.
However, athletes are usually terrible at the social or political discussion. There usually is a reason they became athletes and not politicians (or investigative journalists etc). But that usually only shows when the questions become a bit more difficult.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t