View Single Post
      11-01-2022, 04:52 PM   #20
Toddbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: F22

I plan to be a marshal for the race. Not sure of the details (costs) at this point, I do expect a subsidy on the hotel room, transportation to and from the course, and meals. Hotel will probably be somewhere away from the course (somewhat reasonable priced rooms). I will be paying for airfare, misc food, and any extra hotel nights, beyond the time block for the event.

For Miami the marshals stayed at 3 hotels, the one I stayed at was by the Ft Lauderale Airport, and we were bused in to a muster point outside the course, where we had meetings and meals, then bused again to the course.

Austin is the same, we stay at reasonably priced hotels, and get bused to the track (no room subsidy support, Miami was an exception due to the high rates).

I plan to marshal all three US Races next year, probably will drop down to Miami and Austin after that, since I also want to get back to Montreal for the Canadian GP. That is a great event, stay downtown, take the subway out to the island, and costs (for a marshal) are inexpensive (airfare, food, lodging).
NYG10579.50
M3WC3645.00
irunalot1518.00